Farmland is committed to supporting the National FFA Organization
At Farmland, we believe in supporting those who help put food on America’s tables. That’s why we’re deeply committed to the National FFA Organization—a dynamic youth organization that gives young members all over the U.S. the chance to reach their potential through agricultural education. As part of our effort to help the next generation of farmers build healthier communities, we’ve developed a grant program to support the FFA. Here’s a breakdown of our support:
- National Support ($65,000)
- Engagement with all our award programming having to do with animal science
- State Chapter Support ($20,000)
- 4 $5,000 grants given to Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, and Missouri state chapters
- Local Chapter Support ($16,000)
- 8 $2,000 grants given to local chapters in Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, and Missouri to complete community service projects in their local area.
- Individual Support ($20,000) as part of our new Farmland FFA Heartland Grants initiative
Farmland FFA Heartland Grants
In 2022, Farmland launched a grant program to support individual members similar to the FFA’s existing SAE grants. During the months of September and early October, we’ll be giving out 20 grants of $1,000 each, awarding five grants per state—Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, and Missouri. The primary focus of this program is to improve a student’s work experience and foster entrepreneurship.
To be eligible, FFA membership should be current, and applicants must be in grades 7-12 and reside in one of the four above-mentioned states. Grant applications will be evaluated by Farmland and the National FFA Organization and fit into one of the following career pathways: Agribusiness Systems, Animal Systems, Environmental Service/Natural Resource Systems, Food Products and Processing Systems, Plant Systems, Power, Structure & Technical Systems. Grant recipients will also be required to provide periodic progress reports demonstrating their use of the grant funds. If you’re interested in applying, click the link below.