- 6 slice(s) Farmland Bacon, cubed6 slice(s)
- 1 cup(s) Finely chopped onion1 cup(s)
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/3-in. cubes1 lb.
- 1/8 Tsp. Cayenne pepper1/8 Tsp.
- 1 Coarse kosher salt1
- 1 Pepper1
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (or more) of low-salt chicken broth1 1/2 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Heavy whipping cream1/2 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Finely grated parmesan cheese1/4 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Finely chopped fresh chives1/4 cup(s)
In large saucepot over medium heat, add bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until well browned. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate and reserve, leaving bacon fat in saucepot.
Add onions, cover and cook until soft and translucent, about 7 minutes.
Add potato cubes and cayenne pepper; sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Add 1½ cups chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are still firm but not raw, adding more chicken broth if dry (mixture should be creamy with some sauce, not dry), about 8 minutes.
Add cream and simmer until potatoes are tender but still hold their shape, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Stir in cheese and chives.