Bacon Onion Rings with Chipotle Crema
- 6 slice(s) Farmland Bacon, cooked and minced6 slice(s)
2 tbsp bacon fat, reserved from frying bacon
- 1 cup(s) Whole milk1 cup(s)
- 3 cup(s) Vegetable oil3 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) All purpose flour1 cup(s)
- 1/2 Tsp. Smoked paprika1/2 Tsp.
- 2 whole Large vidalia onions, peeled, sliced into rings2 whole
- 1 Salt1
Recipe for Chipotle Crema
- 1/2 cup(s) Sour cream1/2 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Mayonnaise1 cup(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Lime juice1 Tbsp.
- 3 Chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, minced3
Combine all ingredients but seasonings, and season with salt and pepper. (Amount of chipotles can be adjusted to personal taste).
Optional: Add a small amount of bacon rendering into the sauce for additional flavor.
In large heavy-bottomed pot, heat vegetable oil to 350°F.
In medium bowl, whisk milk, bacon fat, flour, baking powder and paprika until smooth.
Add minced bacon and stir to combine.
Dip onion rings into batter, covering completely. Carefully add to oil and cook in batches until golden brown.
Remove and season with salt.
Serve with Chipotle Crema.