- 1 lb. Farmland Hickory Smoked Bacon1 lb.
- 4 whole Large potatoes4 whole
- 2/3 cup(s) Low-fat margarine2/3 cup(s)
- 2/3 cup(s) Flour2/3 cup(s)
- 7 cup(s) Low-fat milk7 cup(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Minced onion1 Tbsp.
- 1 1/4 cup(s) Shredded cheddar Ccheese, divided1 1/4 cup(s)
- 8 oz. Sour Cream8 oz.
- 1/2 Tsp. White pepper1/2 Tsp.
Cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon crumbles for garnish; set the remaining bacon aside.
Bake or boil potatoes until fork-tender. Let cool slightly, peel and cut into 1-inch cubes.
Melt margarine in large saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour with wire whisk, stirring until smooth. Slowly whisk in milk. Cook and stir constantly until mixture thickens. Stir in potatoes and onion. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Add 1 cup Cheddar cheese, bacon, sour cream and white pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Ladle into bowls and garnish with reserved 2 tablespoons bacon and remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.