- 8 Slices Farmland Applewood Smoked Classic Cut Bacon, Cut into 1-inch Pieces8 Slices
- ½ Cup Red Onions, Thinly Sliced½ Cup
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar¼ Cup
- 2 Tablespoons Honey2 Tablespoons
- ½ Tablespoon Dijon Mustard½ Tablespoon
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil¼ Cup
- 4 Cups Baby Spinach Leaves4 Cups
- 6 Ounces Goat Cheese, Crumbled6 Ounces
- ½ Cup Sliced Strawberries½ Cup
- ½ Cup Candied Pecans½ Cup
Fry bacon until crispy and remove from the pan. Save a little bit of the bacon grease.
Sauté the onions in the remaining grease for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, and salt and pepper to taste.
Reduce the heat and add the olive oil and the bacon pieces.
Place the spinach, strawberries, candied pecans in a large bowl. Drizzle the warm dressing, toss, and top with goat cheese.