Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Smoked Sausage
- 6 oz. Farmland Smoked Sausage6 oz.
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil1 Tbsp.
- 3 cup(s) Brussels sprouts, halved3 cup(s)
- 1 Large shallot1
- 1/4 cup(s) Spicy pickled peppers1/4 cup(s)
- 4 Basil leaves, torn4
- 1/4 cup(s) Apple cider vinegar1/4 cup(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tsp. Maple syrup1 Tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Minced shallot1 Tsp.
- 1/2 cup(s) Olive oil1/2 cup(s)
In large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until well browned. Remove and reserve.
Add brussels sprouts to pan and cook until caramelized, not mushy. Add sausage back to pan to warm through along with roasted shallot.
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except oil and seasonings.
Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
Add 1/2 cup apple cider vinaigrette to sausage and sprouts and season.
Serve: Top with pickled peppers and torn basil.