Roasted Cauliflower with Ham & Gouda
- 6 oz. Farmland Cubed Ham6 oz.
- 1 whole Large head cauliflower, cut into two 1/2 inch thick steaks, scraps reserved1 whole
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil2 Tbsp.
- 1/2 cup(s) Gouda cheese, grated1/2 cup(s)
1/2 cup Smashed Pea Pesto (recipe below)
- 1/2 Tsp. Smoked paprika, for garnish1/2 Tsp.
For the Pea Pesto:
- 1 cup(s) Peas, cooked1 cup(s)
- 1 whole Lemon, juiced1 whole
- 1 pn. Red pepper flakes1 pn.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil1 Tbsp.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Brush cauliflower steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Add ham to baking sheet and cook for 5 more minutes, or until cauliflower is browned.
In pot of salted boiling water, cook remaining cauliflower scraps until soft. Transfer to blender. Add Gouda and puree until smooth and creamy. Thin with cooking liquid if necessary.
Smashed Pea Pesto: Combine all ingredients but seasoning in food processor and pulse to chop roughly. Season with salt and pepper. (Alternatively, roughly chop peas by hand).
To serve: Plate cauliflower cream on bottom. Top with roasted cauliflower steak. Add Smashed Pea Pesto and ham; then garnish with smoked paprika.